Leave No Trace Trainer Courses
The Leave No Trace principles might seem unimportant until you consider the combined effects of millions of outdoor visitors. One poorly located campsite or campfire may have little significance, but thousands of such instances seriously degrade the outdoor experience for all. Leaving no trace is everyone's responsibility. This course provides training for those who wish to impart the principles to others.
- Leave No Trace Ireland is a non – profit making organization
- They are dedicated to promoting and inspiring responsible outdoor outdoor recreation through:
Leave No Trace Trainers Course
The trainers course takes a progressive practical approach.
- Takes into consideration all types of outdoor environment
- Can be applied to all outdoor activities
- Courses are designed for those working with young people in the outdoors
- Participants gain the skills to teach Leave No Trace techniques and ethics to their young people.
- Participants learn the concepts of Leave No Trace and prepare to teach Leave No Trace curriculum in a variety of settings
- Workshop topics include the underlying ethics and seven principles of Leave No Trace:
- Plan ahead and prepare
- Travel and Camp on Durable Surfaces
- Dispose of Waster Properly
- Leave What You Find
- Minimize Campfire Impacts
- Respect Wildlife and farm animals
- Be Considerate to other Visitors
- The trainer course is two days (camping over night)
- Courses can be designed and flexible to suit your timescale during the week or weekends.
- All participants should have experience camping
- Large distances will not be covered in the two days, but participants should be capable of carrying a full rucksack over the two days
For further information regarding the Leave No Trace Trainer Course or to express an interest for BAC to deliver a course lease contact BAC . Tel. 02890600132 or email: email@example.com